Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive. Able to stay on top of multiple projects, adaptable to changing priorities, intellectually sharp, friendly, service-oriented, proactive, understands how to go the extra mile for guests, residents, and artists, completes projects accurately, a resident of Denver and active member of the creative and cultural community, increases NINE dot ARTS' value in the eyes of Union Hall's board by providing exceptional organizational management and better-than-expected service. Increases Union Hall's value in the eyes of the creative community, locals of Denver and the Union Station neighborhood by providing them with better-than-expected service, information, and experiences.
About Union Hall
Union Hall is a new
non-profit arts exhibition space located at The oradan in Denver- opening
January 2019. Union Hall is an emerging and established artist platform, giving
Denver's vibrant arts community a dedicated position in the Union Station neighborhood,
the hub of the city. Union Hall represents a new model in orado for arts and
culture spaces being integrated into mixed-use development projects. It will be
the first dedicated, non-commercial, non-collecting exhibition space integrated
into a private real estate development in Denver. NINE dot ARTS is responsible
for Union Hall's operations and staffing.
Union Hall's multipurpose exhibition space and associated programming will provide a platform for residents of The oradan, as well as Denver locals and visitors, to engage in enriching and educational creative experiences, and will serve the neighborhood and Denver at large as a community-focused arts space and culture concierge, while providing opportunities for both emerging and well-known artists alike. Our curatorial program is focused on experimental, engaging, and ground-breaking exhibitions utilizing new mediums and technology, equitable exhibition demographics, young artists and curators, and impactful lectures, events, performances and experiences. In addition to art exhibitions, ongoing programming will include lecture series, film showings, live music, educational series and more, ultimately filling the need for flexible event, lecture, screening and performance space in Denver's city center. As a culture concierge, Union Hall will provide residents of The oradan, as well as locals and visitors, information and recommendations on creative and cultural events around the city, fostering engagement in the robust cultural ecosystem in both Denver and orado and aiming to be a true partner to all venues for arts and culture throughout the city.
To learn more, please visit.
Skills and Qualifications
Applicant should be equipped with excellent organizational and communication skills. Applicant must function independently while demonstrating initiative and follow through.
· Bachelor's degree required; liberal arts, fine arts or arts management degrees accepted
· Administrative experience and high attention to detail
· Previous experience working in a gallery, museum or other related arts organization
· Experience with art handling
· Highly organized, motivated, able to work independently and as a team member
· Maintains professional demeanor; demonstrates integrity and confidentiality
· Excellent phone manner; professional yet friendly and warm
· Strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively builds trust with artists, guests, and residence through written and oral correspondence
· High level of technical/computer skills (MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point; Adobe Acrobat proficiency required, Adobe Creative Suite proficiency preferred)
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Managing the operations of the gallery space independently during open hours
· Manage private event rental inquiries, tours and contracts.
· Supervises private events.
· Prepare and participate in exhibition opening receptions and special events
· Ensure that Union Hall has a lively and productive relationship with peer professionals and institutions locally, regionally, and nationally
· Artist relations
· Community liaison
· Communication with artists, galleries, guests, and residents of The oradan
· Administrative tasks and scheduling
· Gallery Maintenance
· Coordination of artwork shipping, storage, and installation
· Manage exhibition and operations budgets
· Exhibition-related cost management (artist payments, shipping, food & beverage)
· Collaborative ea generation for exhibitions and supplementary programming and events
· Maintain gallery website, calendar and social media
· The position reports to the Chief Curator of Union Hall
POSITION START DATE:Early January 2019
COMPENSATION: Salary:$33,000-$36,000 plus company benefits
· Paid time off
· Company holidays (seven/year)
· Full health benefits (available after 3 months of full-time employment)
· Retirement contributions (available after one year of full-time employment)
· Company retreat (available after one full year of full-time employment)
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume along with a brief (+/- 60-second) video describing yourself, your interest in the company and why you feel like this job is a good match for you. Resumes should be sent to . Please use the following subject in your email: "Your Name, Union Hall Gallery Manager." Videos should be shared with firstname.lastname@example.org via DropBox, WeTransfer or email. No phone calls please. Resumes will be reviewed weekly. Applications accepted until position is filled.