Overview: The Programming and Operations Coordinator will collaborate as a member of the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County's constituent services team to support programming in capacity building, professional development and marketing as well as execute various events and provide operations support to the office and CEO.
Programming and Constituent Services Responsibilities:
- Manage the content and daily operations of CultureSpotMC.com, publishing editorial content, approving events, and providing user technical assistance under the direction of the Deputy Director.
- Support the promotion and management of the full MarketPower cooperative marketing suite.
- Produce the Guide to Children's Arts Activities twice a year, in both English and Spanish, to be distributed to every Montgomery County Public Elementary School and Montgomery County Public Library. Spanish fluency not required.
- Coordinate the cooperative advertising program, providing day-to-day support to participants, crafting communications and announcements, and facilitating the layout and design of advertisements with the graphic designer.
- Manage the Ticket Giveaway and ticket donation program, liaising with MarketPower Subscribers and giveaway winners.
- Assist the Deputy Director in locating and engaging new MarketPower subscribers and CultureSpotMC.com advertisers from across Montgomery County
- Track MarketPower participation and use for each subscriber and program.
- Use program tracking to create end-of-year participation reports in collaboration with Deputy Director.
- Provide administrative and operations support for the professional development program.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager with engaging audiences and posting content on the CultureSpotMC.com social media accounts.
- Plan and support event production for agency-wide initiatives including the County Executive's Awards for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities, the Advocacy Potluck, the Annual Kick-Off, and the Summer Staff Retreat.
- Update the employee and board handbooks under the Direction of the CEO.
- Collect staff and board information for the website and internal records.
- Order office supplies and manage work requests and repairs while evaluating new equipment needs at the request of the CEO.
- Schedule meetings and interviews for the CEO and provide administrative and operations support as needed.
- Perform check deposits and manage petty cash under the direction of the CEO.
- Compile staff meeting agendas and logistical support for internal meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualities Desired:
- 2 years of previous work or internship experience in an office environment and/or interfacing with the public.
- Previous marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design and/or online engagement/social media work experience preferred.
- BA Degree or equivalent experience.
- Detail oriented, process driven individual who enjoys creating and maintaining systems and structures.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technology-minded individual who is comfortable on PC and Mac as well as cloud-based systems.
- Self-starter with close attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Energetic personality, active sense of humor, and a knack for creative problem solving.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment while meeting deadlines.
- An interest in marketing, capacity building, and technology for
nonprofits and artists.
Annual Salary and Benefits: $40,000 - Commensurate with Experience. Benefits package includes paid vacation, sick leave, health insurance, 403(b) plan, parking allowance. No relocation allowance. The position is open until filled; however, the expected start date is no later than Dec. 3, 2018.
To Apply: Send a cover letter detailing experience, resume and contact information for three professional references to HR@creativemoco.com with subject line, "Programming and Operations Coordinator." No phone calls, please.
ABOUT CURRENT MARKETING AND CONSTITUENT SERVICES INITIATIVES
MarketPower: a robust suite of services including:
- An advertising cooperative that provides significant discounts of over 50% on advertising in the Washington Post and Bethesda Magazine to subscribing organizations.
- Special advertising opportunities on CultureSpotMC.com and through email to a local audience interested in arts and humanities.
- Access to the CultureSpotMC.com website featuring arts and humanities articles and an online events calendar with hundreds of events a year.
- Professional development events and workshops in marketing and communications.
- The Culture Spotlight newsletter, a weekly email featuring that week's articles, seven cultural events from the CultureSpotMC.com calendar, and a ticket giveaway of the week.
The Guide to Children's Art Activities: The Guide is a print publication presenting Montgomery County arts, humanities, and cultural organizations who offer after-school, weekend, and camp opportunities for K-12 students. The Guide is printed twice a year and distributed to all 100,000 elementary students in Montgomery County Public Elementary Schools and Montgomery County Public Libraries in English and Spanish. The Guide is also distributed online through creativemoco.com and CultureSpotMC.com.
ABOUT ARTS AND HUMANITIES COUNCIL OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY
The arts and humanities in Montgomery County, Maryland, are vibrant and vital to the well-being of our community. Since 1976, the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) has been the county's designated local arts agency, committed to providing non-profit organizations, artists and scholars with the resources they need to continually bring quality arts and humanities to this community. AHCMC's vision is to provide leadership that sustains arts and humanities organizations, artists and scholars and inspires participation in our County's rich cultural assets. In addition to distributing over $5 million in grants each year to organizations and individuals, AHCMC provides marketing resources and opportunities to the arts and humanities community in Montgomery County.