Are you interested in joining the NAS team? NAS is looking for a Program Assistant to support our programming and marketing efforts. Our super hero for designing dynamic learning environments, you will help us to plan, coordinate and market a variety of educational events that support the arts and culture sector. In 2018, you will chip in to provide assistance on the Creative Community Fellows program, alumni gatherings and other new initiatives.
We are a small, highly collaborative organization. This position reports to the Director. The Program Assistant is an integral part of our team, working across initiatives towards successful program delivery and mission achievement.
This position is phenomenal for some who:
- Loves to plan events and pays attention to the nitty gritty to ensure attendees are well cared for
- Communicates effectively when writing to and speaking with partners and clients
- Has an eye for design and is passionate about making sure materials and communications are on-brand
- Enjoys using social media to support
marketing and engagement efforts
Project Management Support
- Work with program director and operations manager to craft program timelines; track deadlines
- Bring external and internal teammates together for program related meetings
- Maintain Salesforce CRM for program needs (track attendance, meal preferences, special requirements, changes in titles, etc.)
- Plan events by researching, contracting and coordinating with program venues, catering vendors, A/V suppliers and transportation providers
- Track vendor payment timelines with Financial Assistant
- Produce and distribute event materials (slides, handouts, welcome packets, schedules, signage, welcome bags, custom notebooks, etc.), using design skills to ensure a compelling, on-brand look
- Schedule recruitment and program related phone calls with applicants and participants
- Draft and send emails with logistical information to all participants
- Correspond with participants regarding logistical questions
- Build social media calendar and craft posts as directed by the Program and Engagement Manager
- Coordinate and send alumni newsletters
- Support marketing campaigns by building
and coordinating collateral, according to Program and Engagement Manager
This position requires, at a minimum, the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- 3 years experience coordinating projects
- Familiarity with the non-profit arts industry (as staff, volunteer, and/or consumer)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good project management skills working with cross-functional teams and outside service providers
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to interpret and articulate client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Each staff member is expected to be a team player, self-motivated, and committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest, and open communication. The work environment is one of high energy, high activity, and mutual support. NAS provides opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
This is a part-time position (approximately 25 hours/week) with flexible hours. This position can be based anywhere in the country. The starting pay for this position is $16/hour. Pro-rated benefits include health insurance, sick/vacation leave, ongoing professional development, and flexible work hours.
To apply: Please send in a single PDF labeled with your
first and last name to email@example.com:
- A cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this job
- A one-page resume listing relevant skills and experience
- A list of three references, complete with phone number and email address. References will not be contacted without your prior consent
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply: January 26, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or health/disability status.