All Maryland public school students have equitable access to arts education so that they can learn and achieve in and through dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts.
Increase student access to courses in all art s through purposeful actions: Promote and advocate for state, local, and national policies that strengthen arts education; Communicate research and effective instructional practices in the arts with stakeholders in education, government, business, and the arts; Support and celebrate outstanding leaders in arts education;Provide learning opportunities for teachers of all art s, teachers who integrate the arts into their disciplines, and teaching artists; Provide technical assistance in the areas of curriculum development, instruction, school structures, and organizational outreach to stakeholders.
Reports to: Executive Director
Overview AEMS Programs Coordinator is passionate about the arts and arts education and can act independently and take initiative. They can explain complex issues to wide variety of audiences, plan and implement professional development programs for arts education stakeholders; can organize, track and communicate information related to all AEMS activities. Activities include management of AEMS programs and events including conferences and presentations on arts education and the work of the organization to a variety of constituent groups; facilitating the work of committees; development of print and electronic publications and communications; research, planning, and implementation of advocacy strategies at the state and local level; grant administration; and administrative and office duties.
· Provide planning, marketing, and implementation for programs and events including the Maryland Fine Arts Education conference, Maryland Arts Education Network Events, Arts Leadership Recognition Awards Forum, partnerships with the Maryland State Department of Education
· Make and/or coordinate presentations on arts education and the work of the organization
· Facilitate the work of the Higher Education in the Arts Task (HEAT) Force.
· Write and/or edit AEMS printed and electronic publications including reports and the e-newsletters including written testimony to the Maryland General Assembly
· Oversee compilation and dissemination of resource information and AEMS publications.
· Coordinate maintenance of AEMS website
· Assist with submission of program grant proposals and administer grants received.
· Provide staff support for the Board of Trustees including preparing meeting schedules, agendas, and mailings.
· Administer the annual financial audit in coordination with the bookkeeper and manage the annual budget.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations at AEMS including working with vendors and contracts, purchasing supplies, and maintaining organizational activities.
· Actively engage with the arts education field. Provide service on appropriate committees.
- Bachelor's degree and a background or interest in the arts and/or education
- Excellent management, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Experience in communications, marketing, advocacy, writing and publication
- Ability to work closely with a variety of constituents (cultural partners, educators, board members, staff, donors, vendors, general public)
- Skill with Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, PowerPoint, Excel) preferred Wordpress, Photoshop
- Reliable transportation
Work Environment and Conditions: AEMS is a non-smoking office. The noise level is low to moderate and there is very limited exposure to physical risk.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends.
Compensation: Package includes vacation and holidays and contribution towards medical insurance. Salary range is $38-40K annually, based on qualifications.
To apply: AEMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity. The position will remain open until filled.Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Lori Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: AEMS Program Coordinator.