Search Dates: Now until August 24, 2018.
The Production Manager is the essential link between all branches of 6th Street Playhouse. Their role is to supervise in consort with the stage director all rehearsals, actors, music directors and designers. They are responsible for oversight of all Production expenses. They are responsible for the smooth running of theatre productions. They act as a vital link between the artistic and technical aspects of a show, as well as oversee planning for the entire production season. They make sure that everyone and everything involved in the productions, from actors and technicians to props and lighting, is in the right place, at the right time, and that shows run smoothly and safely.
A Sample of Some Responsibilities:
· Create and maintain the master production schedule.
· Oversee all production budgets, regularly reviewing all expenditures and ensure that all productions stay within budget.
· Supervise all stage managers for productions at all venues.
· Hire and/or assign light and sound board operators, running crews, and other technical crew for each production.
· Supervise 'load in' and ‘strike’ days.
· Attend weekly Staff Meetings and provide production updates.
· Schedule, attend, and lead all production meetings with the Stage Director of each show.
· Work with all design and construction departments to plan wardrobes, set design, scene changes, sound and lighting for each production.
- Communicate with the Box Office/Business Manager regarding the box office (including comps) and the Front of House (including gathering, or ensuring the gathering of, program information).
· Established record of successful theatre production stage management
· Prior experience as a production manager
· Computer experience in database and spreadsheet applications.
· Organizational skills and fiscal management.