JOB TITLE: Production Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, General Director or Artistic Director
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Benefits package
(health and dental) which includes matching 401K, generous PTO, in addition to
working with a great team.
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) is seeking a passionate, dynamic and talented individual to join the team in the role of full-time PRODUCTION MANAGER. DCINY is an independent classical music production company who works with ensembles and organizations from across the globe to present full-scale choral masterworks, chamber music and instrumental performances in prominent venues and well-known stages, primarily Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. Candidates should have prior experience working in an arts environment and knowledge of classical music. Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexible problem-solving skills, management experience and an ability to work well under pressure. The production manager is integral to the successful preparation and presentation of DCINY concerts.
The Production Manager will be responsible for:
· Creation of rehearsal matrix for residency and concert weekends
· Coordinating the set up and strike of rehearsal venues.
· Preparing/contracting all rehearsals, instrument/equipment rental
· Overseeing the management of orchestra requirements: instrumentation, rehearsal schedules, and set up plans
· Assisting guest conductors and artists, including discussion of stage set up, schedule and other artistic needs
· Working with company leadership to assess budgets and requirements for special projects, future planning for the series and implementing new production materials or processes as required
· On site management and leadership for scheduled rehearsals and performances at major venues. This includes managing all talent flow.
· Recruitment for the
part-time production team comprised of 20-25 staff; determining crew sizes,
production schedules, and processing payroll to perform this job successfully.
The individual selected should be:
· Highly self-motivated and self-starter
· Strong leadership skills
· Knowledgeable of union rules and regulations
· Able to maintain a high standard of professionalism while representing DCINY at rehearsal and performance venues.
· Able to follow timelines and schedules based on production requirements
· Confident to work with large groups effectively
· Fluency in other languages a plus
· Familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM software programs a plus
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter that tells us why we should meet you, listing of 3 references and salary requirements to: Jobs@DCINY.org