The Madam Walker Legacy Center invites applicants for the position of President, Madam Walker Legacy Center.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President will lead overall strategy and operations for the Madam Walker Legacy Center, a national historic landmark which was once the headquarters and manufacturing plant of Madam CJ Walker Hair Care and Beauty Products. Responsibilities will include strategic planning, fundraising, programming, staff management and execution of its mission to further the legacy of Madam Walker focused through leadership, entrepreneurship, arts & culture, financial literacy and philanthropy programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have a strong community and executive presence, representing the organization in local, regional, and national affairs. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial in spirit, with the ability to provide creative and resourceful solutions which enhance the organization’s mission and operational objectives. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of forming strategic partnerships with community groups, funders, and public officials. S/he will be responsible for increasing revenue and generating support for program operations through the development of innovative, collaborative, and impactful programs for the Madam Walker Legacy Center in accordance with the strategic vision and plan. S/he will also serve as the organization’s lead fundraising officer, managing the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual and major gifts. In addition, the successful candidate will serve as a dynamic and effective leader within the organization, managing a highly effective workforce through talent development, and oversight of human resources and operational policies and procedures.
· Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, business, marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in non-profit leadership, program management, fundraising, or a related field
· Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience
· Ability to plan and implement strategic plans, with strengths in casting a vision and providing strategic direction to a variety of stakeholders and constituencies
· Proven ability to mobilize local and national resources in order to carry out the strategic objectives and funding needs of an organization
· Previous experience planning and executing impactful community activities, including large and small-scale events
· Proven ability to manage an enterprise program budget; experience in financial planning and analysis
· Experience working with and effectively communicating with volunteers and a Board of Directors
· Strong written and verbal presentation skills; strong executive presence with experience presenting in front of large audiences
· Master’s degree in a related field
· Ten or more years of experience in non-profit leadership, program management, fundraising, or a related field
To be considered, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, and position will remain open until filled.
The Madam Walker Legacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.