University of Maryland College of Arts & Humanities
Marketing Communications Coordinator (2)
$50K - $62K, Full-Time with Benefits
The College of Arts and Humanities is seeking two Marketing Communications Coordinators to join their Marketing and Communications team. One Coordinator will support the marketing communications priorities of the School of Music while the other will support the Artist Partner Program at The Clarice, both reporting to the Director of Marketing and Guest Experience. The Coordinator provides direct marketing communications support to the unit Director; serves as the main point of contact for unit faculty as well as program and ensemble leads; and supervises Graduate Assistant(s). The Coordinator is directly responsible for executing the unit marketing communications plan, which supports key unit events and priorities both internally and externally with a specific focus on: updating and creating website content, managing social media activity, writing and editing e-newsletters, advertising, and grassroots efforts. As a content curator and creator, this position requires copywriting and editing; creative and project management, and story mining and research. The Coordinator will drive awareness, participation and brand recognition of the performing arts at Maryland, both on and off campus in support of reputation and brand management, student recruitment, fundraising and audience building.
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
● Two–Four years of experience in marketing, communications or a related field with proven results working either in-house or at an agency, planning and executing marketing and communications strategies.
● Superb writing and copy editing skills for web and print communication, as well as superior organization and attention to detail.
● Experience managing complex creative projects as well as meeting and coordinating deadlines and deliverables.
● Experience with web content management and email marketing systems and various social media platforms.
● Proven ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative creative, marketing and communications team.
● Superb interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
● Background in the performing arts or experience with performing arts institutions.
● Experience in a public higher education institution.
● Knowledge of Podio or other project and client management software.
● Experience with Adobe creative suite.
For more information about the University of Maryland, please visit maryland.edu. The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.