The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) seeks an experienced and dynamic professional to serve as the Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM). The MCM provides strategy and management for all external marketing and communications channels and initiatives as well as thought-leadership and management for AHCMC's brand, website, public relations, and social media platforms. The MCM works with and supports all departments of AHCMC. In addition, the MCM laborates with regional arts agencies and county departments on related projects on behalf of AHCMC. This position reports to the Deputy ector.
Marketing & Website Management:
- Manage AHCMC's website, creativemoco.com collaboratively with the Deputy Director: updating content, managing the CRM, and developing new online engagement strategies for programs, events, and initiatives.
- Oversee Google Analytics: analyzing data, tracking trends, pulling reports, and synthesizing findings to inform future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director to manage AHCMC's Google AdWords Grant.
- Manage approved advertising initiatives and programs on and for CultureSpotMC.com.
- Support AHCMC
departments and leagues with graphic design and marketing strategy.
Communications & Media Relations:
- Act as AHCMC's primary press and media contact.
- Develop communications plans and tactics including press releases, media kits, talking points, testimonies, social media content and multimedia content for programs, events, and initiatives.
- Update and maintain organizational communications style guide.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with local press/media outlets as well as blogs/online publications.
- Ensure accurate and timely community and media coverage of events, initiatives, and programs.
- Generate photo and video documentation of AHCMC activities, events, and programs.
- Work with county staff and departments to promote AHCMC initiatives and programs.
E-mail & Social Media Management:
- Manage AHCMC's e-newsletters, developing content strategies, sourcing newsletter content, and implementing the visual layout and design in MailChimp.
- Manage the MailChimp CRM, including list management and health monitoring, staff training, and all departmental and organizational e-communications through the platform.
- Research and test ways to grow the volume and engagement of all AHCMC e-mail newsletters.
- Manage and develop content for all AHCMC social media platforms, blogs, and websites.
- Maintain the e-mail and social media editorial calendar as well as the policies and procedures for departmental and organizational e-communications through MailChimp and social media.
- Provide on-site support at various
AHCMC events including but not limited to traditional and nontraditional media
interviews, gallery openings, the annual County Executive's Awards, grants
events, and professional development programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to generate creative ideas, work independently and within a team, and
maintain enthusiasm and positive morale in an active, high-energy environment.
Forward thinking. Meticulous planning, organizational, and problem-solving
skills. Excellent editing and proofreading skills as well as written and oral
communication skills. Familiarity with AP Style. Experience with nonprofit
marketing and social media advertising. Demonstrated success in managing multiple
projects along competing timelines. Must be an experienced team member who is
friendly, polished, adaptable, and mission driven.
The ideal candidate will be proficient inhe following or similar platforms and software:
- Mac OS & Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Office365 and SharePoint
- Adobe Creative Suite: Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign
- MailChimp, Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Google Analytics
- Content Management Systems: Drupal and WordPress
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education: Master's Degree in marketing, communication, arts administration, business, or related field.
Required Experience: 2-4 years professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and other experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications.
Annual Salary and Benefits: $47,000 - $50,000 - Commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes paid vacation, sick leave, health insurance, 403(b) plan, and parking allowance. No relocation allowance. The position is open until filled; however, the expected start date is no later than Dec. 3, 2018.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information to with subject line, "Marketing and Communications Manager." No phone calls please.
About the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery
The arts and humanities in Montgomery County, Maryland, are vibrant and vital to the well-being of our community. Since 1976, the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) has been the county's designated local arts agency, committed to providing nonprofit organizations, artists and scholars with the resources they need to continually bring quality arts and humanities to this community. The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County's vision is to provide leadership that sustains arts and humanities organizations, artists and scholars and inspires participation in our county's rich cultural assets.
The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County distributes over $5 million in grants each year to organizations and individuals to help fund enriching cultural activities in our county. This funding is provided by the Montgomery County Government, the Maryland State Arts Council, Montgomery County Public Schools, corporations, organizations, and individuals. In addition to this funding, AHCMC provides marketing resources and opportunities to the arts and humanities community in Montgomery County.