The New York City Arts in Education Roundtable improves, advances, and advocates for arts education. The Roundtable is a service organization and a community of arts education practitioners that shares information, provides professional development, and communicates with the public to promote our work in schools and beyond. The Roundtable produces a major annual conference, Face to Face; monthly professional development programs; a destination website; and other activities, in addition to ongoing advocacy and communications efforts.
The Managing Director of the Roundtable is a full-time position working out of our Manhattan office space. The Managing Director has overall responsibility for day-to-day management and administration of the Roundtable, reporting to the Roundtable’s Board of Directors and in particular the Co-Chairs. The position requires a detail-oriented self-starter with experience in nonprofit management and fundraising, as well as a passion for the arts and education, and strong communication and social skills.
The successful candidate will be one who has the potential to help grow the organization’s budget through aggressive institutional fundraising; to maintain and enhance the effectiveness of a dynamic service organization; and to become the Roundtable’s first Executive Director in the near future.
Responsibilities of the Managing Director include:
● Day-to-day administration, accounting, and communications
● Developing and managing organization budgets
● Researching and cultivating donor prospects
● Preparing core fundraising documents, writing grants, and maintaining funder relationships
● Managing content and functionality of a rich website and set of social networking tools
● Coordinating the production of programs and events, including the major annual conference, Face to Face
● Participating in and managing the work of Board Committees and helping them to meet operational goals
● Supervising conference and event staff
● Facilitating Board communications, scheduling, and materials for meetings
● Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years’ experience in nonprofit management
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong organizational and motivational skills
● Experience in grant-writing and fundraising
● Demonstrated team player who works well with diverse groups of people
● Demonstrated experience in website management and social media preferred
● Experience in arts education preferred
Please email a resume, writing sample, and cover letter in Word or PDF attachments to: Search Committee, New York City AIE Roundtable, at email@example.com Please indicate “Roundtable Managing Director” in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Individuals wishing to be considered for the position should respond by Friday, October 12, 2018.