This position is charged with the administrative management of a $500K grants program, three to eight student scholarships, and three to five professional development workshops per year. Duties include grant communications and administration of the online portal, support of Board Grants Committee meetings, recruitment and management of grant panels, and communications and coordination with other Arts Council staff. Interns and volunteers may be used as is appropriate.
The Grant Manager will work to expand the reach of the Arts Council and make its grants accessible to a diverse arts community through public information efforts and grant workshops. The position will also work with the Director of Grants and Services to develop new policies and initiatives and modify existing programs in response to community needs and to advance organizational goals.
- Administer the annual granting process for five current grant programs and new grant programs under development
- Manage Submittable online grant portal, including creating and testing applications, final reports, and related forms
- Recruit 30-40 grant panelists and manage all panel activities, including review process and 8-12 panel meetings
- Coordinate staff review of Fast Track grant applications
- Update grant guidelines and applications as needed and per Grants Committee recommendations
- Support and troubleshoot for grantees and panelists as needed
- Check applications for eligibility and completeness
- Develop, identify and share resources to assist applicants and reviewers, including consultant listings, model applications, workshops, and webinars
- Maintain accurate records of grants in hard files for annual audit
- Develop media and marketing materials for the grants program and webinars/workshops, including emails to over 200 nonprofit arts organizations and reminders of upcoming deadlines to organizations and artists
- Keep grants content on Arts Council website up to date
- Conduct periodic surveys of arts organizations, panelists and artists
- Work with and support the Arts Council’s Grants Committee (approximately four meetings per year), including scheduling and meeting notes
- Conduct best practices research
- Track grant expenses, including panel catering
- Coordinate content and facilitators for grant preparation workshops, panel orientations, and other professional development workshops
- Assist in writing annual and periodic grants reports for Director of Grants and Services, Accountant, President/CEO, Board of Directors, and Fairfax County officials
- Coordinate correspondence, communications and payments to grantees and scholarship recipients
- Represent the Arts Council at grantee and scholarship award events
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in grants management, including online grant administration systems
- Knowledge of Fairfax County and regional arts community
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to plan, initiate and complete tasks and projects independently as well as ability to work well in a team planning environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work diplomatically with staff, Board members and arts community
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with website editing (preferably WordPress)
Director of Grants and Services
This is a part-time, salaried position at 30 hours per week.
100% major medical health benefits for employee, with the option to add family coverage at employee expense. Employees receive paid vacation, sick, holidays, jury duty, bereavement, and personal days per HR Policies Manual. We offer a retirement program for non-matched employee contribution.
ARTS COUNCIL OF FAIRFAX COUNTY
The Arts Council of Fairfax County is the voice of the arts, dedicated to fostering dynamic and diverse local arts, ensuring that arts thrive by providing vision, leadership, capacity building services, advocacy, funding, education, and information.
The Arts Council is funded in part by Fairfax County, corporations, foundations, individuals, the Virginia Commission for the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Lisa Mariam, Director of Grants and Services, at email@example.com.