A NOISE WITHIN
A Noise Within in Pasadena performs and promotes classical theatre as an essential means for our community to confront the universal human experience, expand personal awareness, and challenge individual perspectives. We seek an experienced and diligent Finance Manager to join our ambitious and growing organization. This newly created staff position is taking over responsibilities from our part-time bookkeepers and will work directly with the Managing Director, and other staff to:
Oversee A Noise Within’s short- and long-term financial health; maintain and improve risk management, HR, and compliance strategies; expand and monitor accounting control systems; track operational benchmarks; and support senior staff with expense management and reporting. The Finance Manager will build on processes established by accomplished accounting professionals to develop ANW’s increasingly sophisticated financial systems.
- Regularly review and analyze ANW’s financial health, providing reports and recommendations on future financial plans
- Assist management in developing the annual organizational plan and budget
- Collaborate with auditor and MD to provide all necessary materials for annual financial statement audit and tax returns
- Research and recommend new processes and procedures for increasing administrative efficiency, efficacy, and transparency
- Administer HR portal, approving requested employee changes
- Process administrative and union payrolls
- Complete regular bank statement, credit account, and CRM database reconciliations
- Work with management to develop expense and income reporting tools and procedures
- Process A/P, AMEX credit card transaction download and coding, weekly income entry and reconciliation from CRM reports, sales tax tracking, and other ad-hoc bookkeeping items
- Maintain all financial records for required periods on behalf of ANW
- Oversee distribution of W2s for all employees and 1099s for all contractors annually
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or another related field and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years professional finance or accounting experience with evidence of successfully executing financial plans and/or overseeing/executing accounting operations.
- Excellent Quickbooks and Excel skills; strong communications skills; familiarity with GAAP, FASB, and payroll processing best practices, ability to tell stories with numbers and explain financial concepts required.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate diligence, attention to detail, organizational skills, and fluency with accounting principles, math, and analysis.
Salary of $50,000-55,000 annually commensurate with experience, health benefits and savings plan matching included. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to: email@example.com. Please put Finance Manager in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. ANW prides itself on fully representing and reflecting the community on stage and in our workforce – candidates of color strongly encouraged to apply.