Folsom Lake College
Event Services Supervisor - Harris Center For The Arts
Job Posting Number: C00732P
Salary: $4,887.86 per month (Exempt) LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: 11/20/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/9683
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Harris Center for the Arts, supervise, coordinate and perform the assigned duties and activities of Event Services Department.
[For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here]. Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits packages to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
This position is assigned to the Harris Center for the Arts.
Typical Duties (For a full Job Description click here].
● Supervises, coordinates, and performs the activities of the Event Services Department.
● Trains, supervises, and evaluates assigned employees.
● Participates in interviewing and selecting new employees.
● Ensures accountability and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
● Assists in developing, documenting, and implementing Harris Center for the Arts (HCA) policies and procedures.
● Recommends changes to HCA policies and procedures.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
Facility Rentals and Art Gallery Use (For a full Job Description click here].
● Oversees and coordinates facility rental and gallery exhibition inquiries and activities.
● Maintains the master schedule/calendar and facility user database for rental and gallery activity.
● Meets with potential facility and gallery users.
● Provides tours in support of event planning.
● Collects contact and event information for proposed events.
● Serves on gallery steering committees and assists with selection and scheduling of gallery exhibits.
Front-Of-House Operations (For a full Job Description click here].
● Oversees, coordinates, and supports the use of front-of-house areas by college departments and other entities outside of the HCA.
● Interacts regularly with facility users and other staff in the planning, coordination, and execution of programs, services and events.
● Coordinates front-of-house operations.
● Confirms front-of-house needs (e.g., staffing, merchandising, seating holds, etc.) of scheduled events.
● Works with facility user, artists’ staff, and other college and HCA staff to smoothly and successfully execute events.
● Ensures compliance with artist riders regarding front-of-house requirements for HCA presentations.
● Coordinates timely, and accurate distribution of event information and facility usage details to ensure appropriate and complete coverage for events.
Volunteer Program (For a full Job Description click here].
● Maintains volunteer information database.
● Coordinates ongoing communications with and scheduling of volunteers.
● Coordinates volunteer recognition programs.
● Prepares reports of volunteer activities.
● Provides staff level support for volunteers involved in HCA fundraising efforts such as annual membership drive and special fundraising events, as well as, volunteer marketing/outreach activities.
● Participates in Folsom Lake Colleges’ Foundation Arts Committee meetings and planning for activities.
Non-Performance Event Management (For a full Job Description click here].
● Provides on-site support to facility users for non-performance events and activities to ensure the proper and effective execution of the event requirements and the satisfaction of the facility user.
● Supervises event logistics for HCA donor member non-performance events and activities such as receptions, founders room intermezzos, lunches, dinners, parties, and, season previews taking place at the Center.
● Oversees and coordinates operational aspects of such events including planning, organizing, and supervising front-of-house load-ins, set-ups, and strikes.
● Coordinates with technical staff on needed sound, lighting, stage, and, other technical equipment and systems.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343.
Within 6 months of hire, obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR and AED certification.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in a lead or supervisory position. Three years increasingly responsible experience in the areas related to the typical duties of the position (the required lead/supervisory experience may also be used to meet this requirement).
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; OR an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution PLUS two additional years of qualifying experience.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.