Reporting to the Director of Education, the Education Manager (EM) is dedicated to supporting Theatre Aspen’s mission and programming. The EM will assist in implementing the educational goals of TA, including participating in long-range planning and special events and in progressing our ability to reach students through educational initiatives. The Education Manager will uphold an ethos of teamwork and collaboration throughout the organization as a whole and in all its activities. The EM serves as a front-line response and face for the public, including parents, students and donors. The EM will be knowledgeable about the mission, vision and accomplishments of the company.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Education, the EM’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Assist with programming, scheduling, reserving of rehearsal spaces and venues.
• Serve as Teaching Artist/Instructor (once per trimester); teach Elementary, Middle School, High School and/or adult after-school classes as assigned.
• Assist in planning/executing marketing efforts (After School flyer distribution, Community Calendar submissions, coordinate radio/print ads, etc) with Marketing personnel and/or third-party entities.
• Serve in a creative or production role (i.e. Stage Manager, Director, Choreographer, Music Director, etc.) on a TA Education production once per calendar year, depending on applicable skills.
• Coordinate departmental Social Media and Website (Blog) postings with appropriate staff.
• Coordinate TA Education Playbills (3-4 per year) with third-party designers; collect playbill information (cast lists, bios, director’s notes, etc) and solicit ads from local businesses and parents
• Assist with registration of students, management of rosters, and communication to parents.
• Coordinate teaching artist communications (planning meetings, resource acquisition and allocation, including classroom materials).
• Assist as needed with company events and fundraisers.
• All other assignments as needed to ensure the success of each class and production
As time and existing duties permit, additional teaching (beyond 1 class per trimester) and additional production responsibilities (beyond 1 production per year) will be considered separately for additional pay.
Interested applicants should send a resume with references and a cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line only labeled as "Education Manager - Theatre Aspen." References will not be contacted without the consent of the applicant.
Theatre Aspen is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.