Title: EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Contact: If interested email cover letter and CV/Resume to: email@example.com
General Description: The Education Director (ED) is responsible for the administrative and creative leadership and day-to-day oversight of the 6th Street Playhouse School of Drama (SOD). In this role, the ED will ensure, promote and extend the mission and vision of the 6th Street Playhouse. The ED will represent the SOD educational offerings professionally and responsibly, and through these offerings strengthen community relations. The ED will work closely with the Producing Artistic Director and Technical Director to manage and grow education programs to include on-stage and technical classes for all ages.
Responsibilities (Partial List):
- Develop and promote the mission for the 6th Street Playhouse education program.
- Serve as the front-line contact person for the SOD and respond to all SOD inquiries from students or parents of students enrolled or seeking enrollment in SOD.
- Recruit and manage the education staff, including annual performance evaluations.
- Work with the education staff to develop curriculum plan for each session.
- Manage the education program budget and ensure all education program expenses stay within the Board approved budget.
- Oversee creation and distribution of all education program materials for instructors and students.
- Meet regularly with the Producing Artistic Director to create curriculum, discuss SOD operations, budgets, instructor hires, and educational opportunities.
- Develop and promote marketing strategy and necessary materials for SOD.
- Ensure all education program deadlines and goals are met.
Skills/Experience Preferred (Partial List):
- Training and experience in arts education and the art of theatre
- Overall theater operations and production experience
- Nonprofit business management and administration experience
- Budget and time management skills
- Staff supervision experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Work with Producing Artistic Director and Company Manager to develop an internship program.
- Assist with grant writing
- Meet with current and potential sponsors and donors to promote or represent the SOD
- Serve as a spokesperson for the SOD, and attend fundraising events, and other media and public events
- 30 hours/week average, varying week to week depending on specific requirements of the education programs being offered.
- Flexible: some days, nights and weekends.