About the McKnight Center for the Performing Arts
The Center will consist of three performance spaces—an 1,100-seat performance hall, a 200-seat recital hall, and an outdoor plaza—on the campus of Oklahoma State University (OSU). As a state-of-the-art home for exceptional performances and educational opportunities, the Center is inspired by a visionary partnership between OSU and generous private supporters who bring together the best in a high-quality, intimate facility combined with artistry at a level unparalleled in a university setting. The Center exists to serve the entire state of Oklahoma, and the region.
The performance hall will play host to major orchestras, Broadway tours, dance companies, pop acts, and more. The recital hall will host esteemed chamber orchestras and serve as a performance venue for the talented young artists at OSU’s Greenwood School of Music. The outdoor plaza—a barrier-free, flexible-use public space—will extend the hall and its programming into the community.
The Director of Marketing is a member of the senior management team, reporting to the Executive Director. The Director develops and implements all marketing and communications strategies, with the goal of optimizing ticket sales and attendance for all McKnight Center concerts, performances, and events, and delivering a positive brand experience that earns support for the McKnight mission. The director manages a team that includes marketing, public relations, box office, and front of house operations.
Lead Organizational Marketing and Communication Efforts
▪ Hire, supervise, and direct the day-to-day operations of the marketing staff in service of the overall institutional needs of the Center, including development and education activities, to help create a dynamic public image for the organization.▪ Administer a strategically driven subscription, group, and single ticket sales program to meet
institutional needs for earned revenue and attendance, using direct mail, social media, email
marketing, digital, print, radio and TV advertising, e-commerce, PR, special events/receptions, and
▪ Oversee development and activation of the institutional brand.
▪ Oversee the Center’s digital advancement program including website and e-commerce, advertising,
social media, and permission marketing.
▪ Develop a robust research program on marketing trends and best practices.
Serve as Organizational and Department Leader
▪ Contribute and lead as a member of the senior management team.
▪ With Executive Director and Director of Finance, develop revenue targets and department budgets.
▪ Represent the organization to the communities it serves.
▪ Participate in board meetings and committee meetings as needed.
Foster Effective Collaboration of Marketing and Development Efforts of McKnight Center
▪ With the Director of Development, integrate traditional marketing and development functions into a
cohesive patron relationship system that optimizes engagement and revenue.
Oversee Box Office and Front-of-House Activities
▪ Properly staff and supervise the front of house management team including House Managers, ushers
(paid or unpaid) and volunteers to deliver patron-centered service.
▪ Properly staff and supervise box office management to deliver high-quality customer service that
attracts increasing levels of participation and spending.
The ideal Director of Marketing is a natural strategic planner who develops the Center’s marketing,
sales, audience development, communications and customer services programs utilizing the latest best
practices and innovations in performing arts marketing. The Director integrates marketing and sales
activities into a comprehensive, multi-channel advancement program. (S)he relies heavily on data to
drive decision-making. (S)he has the capacity to contribute a marketing-driven perspective to
The Director is a collaborative, creative, inclusive, and appropriately risk-tolerant leader who, managing
a dedicated staff, produces high-quality work in a complex, fast-paced environment. The director
cultivates a culture of hard work, respect, learning, communication, teamwork, adaptability and good
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Passion for and knowledge of classical music and performing and visual arts
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, advertising, business, arts administration or related
field, or equivalent experience
• A demonstrable commitment to strategic planning
• Experience with brand development and activation
• At least five years in a hands-on management / supervisory role
• Proven experience creating and executing successful integrated, multi-channel sales and
• Significant experience with data-driven event marketing, sales, ticketing and ticketing
platforms, pricing, and inventory management, preferably in the performing arts
• Experience building a digital and social media program
• Well-honed PR and communications capabilities
• Track record of accurate financial management and reporting
• Strong project management experience
• Impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Living in Stillwater-Tulsa-Oklahoma City
Stillwater, located in north central Oklahoma, has a population of 50,000 people. Often called
Oklahoma's premier education community, Stillwater is the home of some of the region's finest
education and training institutions, including Oklahoma State University. While proud of its reputation
as a university town, Stillwater is home to a diverse mix of business and industry, from manufacturing
to advanced technology.
Stillwater is consistently ranked among the nation's top small cities for quality of life. OSU, with its
beautiful Georgian architecture, is surrounded by historic attractions, entertainment, and plenty of
activities, including 5,000 acres of public parks; hiking, mountain-biking, camping, and fishing at Lake
McMurtry; and the attractions of nearby Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
Diversity and Inclusion
The McKnight Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as
a protected veteran.