Sing for Hope transforms lives by using the power of the arts to create a better world. We mobilize a vast network of artists to power high-level artsprogramming at under-resourced schools, hospitals, and community centers year-round. Founded in 2006, Sing for Hope is grounded in the belief that the arts have the unique power to uplift, unite, and transform individuals and communities.
Building upon a well-organized healing arts program that has been providing free services for many years, Sing for Hope is seeking a savvy, passionate, and pragmatic individual interested in applying basic business and marketing tactics to take this program to the next level. While Sing for Hope provides a unique cultural and social service, our future depends on shrewd social entrepreneurs who understand that success as a nonprofit depends on the same marketing, branding, and sales techniques used by the private sector.
Sing for Hope is looking for an individual who has the skills, interest, and experience to achieve our mission of providing arts access to our city’s underserved by using innovative business strategies and the passion to build new earned income from existing agency assets. If you understand that in today’s world, doing good work relies on creative thinking and sustainable business approaches to reach stated goals, then this position will be of interest to you.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Healing Arts leads, coordinates, and administers all aspects of Sing for Hope’s ongoing healthcare programming, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, managing, controlling, and evaluating program activities. The Director of Healing Arts manages the social enterprise program toward deepening and widening market share with existing initiatives and new programming. This position supervises staff in all programs conducted at healthcare sites.
Program Planning and Expansion:
- Plans the delivery of all Healing Arts programs and related activities in accordance with the mission and goals of Sing for Hope.
- Develops action plans to coordinate promotion and sales.
- With the Chief Operating Officer, develops an annual budget and operating plan to support Healing Arts programs.
- Identifies and cultivates co-investment partnership prospects, crafting partnership proposals, and stewarding co-investment partnership relationships.
- Develops evaluation and outcomes protocols.
- Participates in community initiatives that support social enterprise goals.
- Works with SFH colleagues to develop ways in which social media can support programming and drive sales
- Identifies funding opportunities for Sing for Hope programs to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Ensures that program activities operate within the framework of Sing for Hope’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensures that program activities comply with all relevant legal and professional standards.
- Develops forms and records to document program activities.
- Oversees program budgets, expenses and participate in financial planning, including reporting and invoicing systems.
- Plans the delivery of all healthcare programming and related activities, in accordance with the mission and goals of Sing for Hope.
- Manages relationships with, and oversees calendars for, all healthcare program sites.
- Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of Sing for Hope.
- Facilitates stakeholder communication through various outreach tools. Communicates with partners and other stakeholders to gain community support for healthcare programming and to solicit input to improve the programs.
- Compiles regular program metrics, including Artist Partner hours and constituents served.
- Updates and maintains the SFH Healthcare Programming Manual & Archive document to keep pace with program development, ensuring institutional memory as well continued “best in class / best practices” status of SFH healthcare programs.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Strong appreciation for the healing power of the arts.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- 5-7 years experience in program, project, and team management.
- Experience in developing, directing, and managing nonprofit programs in the health, social service, or arts sectors.
- Strong marketing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and writing skills, including experience with public presentations.
- Capacity to oversee data collection and analysis efforts.
- Experience using data to make programmatic decisions.
To apply, please send resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Sing for Hope is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from minority candidates.