Sarasota is widely considered among the most philanthropically generous and arts-oriented communities in the United States. Sarasota Orchestra serves an area of 788,000 residents that is one of the 10 fastest growing regions in America, and stands at an exciting juncture in its successful 70-year history.
Education is a hallmark of the organization. The institution operates the three-week Sarasota Music Festival and extensive youth orchestra, summer music camp and young persons concerts, in addition to its 36-week orchestra season.
Sarasota Orchestra currently has a job opening for a Communications Manager.
You will research and write copy supporting Sarasota Orchestra’s institutional messaging/communications strategy and marketing and development initiatives, create compelling content for philanthropic case and position statements, newsletters, information about classical music, and other written materials as required, and support website and social media activities.
for this position include the following:
· Understand Sarasota Orchestra mission and how best to support its goals through written communications
· Research and write persuasive and informative communications in support of Sarasota Orchestra’s institutional messaging, marketing and development activities
· Create convincing content in support of development initiatives including donor profiles, case statements, principal gift proposals and other materials as needed
· Write and edit the organization’s quarterly SCORE newsletter for patrons
· Work in partnership with marketing and artistic team members to research and write descriptive, educational and marketing content for the organization’s programs
· Create content for web, social media, email and other digital formats
· Back-up the website manager in updating content to the website through a CMS
Qualifications for the position include the
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
· 2+ years of professional writing experience
· Advanced writing and proofreading skills, including published or professional writing samples (arts related preferred)
· Interpersonal skills and collaborative style that relates to Orchestra patrons and staff at all levels
· Computer skills including MS Office, PowerPoint, a website content management system, and multiple social media platforms
Sarasota Orchestra offers a competitive salary, generous time off and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and retirement.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and one writing sample (that is persuasive, convincing and reflects an organization’s communication strategy) to EOE. by November 16, 2018.