The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks, drawing music lovers from around the world. The only festival in North America to host four of the world's finest orchestras in a single season, Bravo! Vail's 2018 season featured residencies with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic - plus the London-based Academy of St Martin in the Fields, which, in 2016, became the first international orchestra to perform at the Festival. In addition, internationally acclaimed chamber artists and soloists perform a wide array of unique and carefully curated chamber music programs.
As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults. The After-School Piano Program, Little Listeners @ the Library, the Instrument Bank, Free Family Concerts, Spring Family Concerts, and Instrument Petting Zoos provide education and enrichment programs to area children all year long. In addition, an extensive series of Free Concerts, Pre-concert lectures, Bravo! Vail After Dark, Chamber Musicians in Residence, open rehearsals, master classes and internships reach thousands more youth and adults throughout the Vail Valley every summer.
The three tenets of the Bravo! Vail brand are: extraordinary music, the natural beauty of the Vail Valley and the social and community aspects associated with the concert experience.
Bravo! Vail's administration culture is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy, active people. The team at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summertime while the festival is on, the work is intense and the energy is infectious. We believe in collaboration and the value of team.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail enriches people's lives through the power of music by: • Producing the finest performances by the greatest artists; • Fostering music education; • Promoting a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Advances excellence; • Shares artistic passion; • Acts with integrity and respect; • Embraces collaboration.
The Marketing Manager supports the planning and implementation of marketing tactics to reach department goals of engaging patrons, deepening the experience of attendees, connecting programs to audiences, promoting ticket sales, and increasing brand awareness. The ideal candidate is both an analytical and creative thinker, with a strong background in marketing and project management. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing campaigns for the core marketing channels and analyzing results. A strong aptitude to embrace data driven marketing and experience with various marketing metrics a plus.
A successful Marketing Manager will be strategic and creative. This position will work in a collaborative mission driven environment where you can have a real impact on the team and the institution. This detail-oriented, self-starter will project manage integrated marketing campaigns across each of the marketing channels, analyze data and KPIs for specific channels, and manage the customer database (Tessitura). The Marketing Manager will have demonstrated ability in a variety of writing styles. The individual will possess a strong aptitude to continually learn marketing strategies at other successful arts organizations and garner best practices from other inspiring organizations (both inside and outside of the arts). The position has the potential to manage and support team members, to be determined based on experience.
· Manage the core marketing channels: Manage the marketing calendars and timelines of each channel: direct response (email and mail), lateral/print development and production, press release, and advertising schedules; coordinate marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
· Develop online strategy (website and digital advertising): Develop online strategy for digital advertising, SEO, and website. Manage the website development process each year, including managing contract with web developer.
· Manage the workflow system: Champion the use of the workflow management system for project management and scheduling communication calendar.
· Write and edit content: Produce thoughtful content that will engage our audience; ability to write for various content types including emails, website, and brochures. Edit content produced by other team members.
· Develop paid media plans: Assist in strategy behind paid media plans; create paid media plans: print, OOH, broadcast, and digital.
· Manage package and single ticket campaigns: In collaboration with Director of Marketing, plan and manage the season roll-out, package campaign, and single ticket campaigns.
· Analyze marketing data: Analyze a variety of marketing and conversion metrics to identify areas of opportunity to refine strategy.
· Manage internal team: Potential management of marketing team members, to be determined based on experience. Collaboration with team a must.
· Manage marketing partners: Manage outside vendors including graphic designer, website developer, copy writer, and digital agency.
· Manage film-makers: Plan and implement videography project. Manage film-makers during season.
· Manage interns: Manage interns with marketing coordinator during the season.
· Manage the customer database system: Become a power user of our Customer Relationship Management system for segmenting audiences, pulling lists, and analyzing ticket sales.
· Manage research projects:Manage research projects through the entire project lifecycle - survey design, managing outside vendors, and data analysis.
· PR: Assist Marketing Director with management of PR firm; manage press release development, streamline communication on programming and announcements to PR firm.
· Education marketing: Develop strategy of education and community engagement marketing plans.
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, non-profit administration, or marketing preferred.
- 5+ years in marketing.
- Strong combination of project management, analytical, and creative skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of project management process. Basic familiarity with a workflow or project management system.
- Experience managing online strategy: website development, CMS experience, digital advertising, and SEO.
- Management experience preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of print production, digital, web, and email marketing workflow.
- Basic knowledge of digital and social media marketing, email marketing, database systems.
- 3+ years of experience with project management, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling projects.
- Experience with a full spectrum of media: print, web, direct response (email and mail), social, broadcast, and OOH.
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong interpersonal skills.How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Marketing Manager Position.