Enthusiastic, upbeat and positive! Able to stay on top of multiple projects, adaptable to changing priorities, intellectually sharp, friendly, service oriented, proactive, understands how to go the extra mile for our clients, completes projects accurately, increases Nine Dot Arts' value in the eyes of our clients by providing them with better-than-expected service. The position requires the ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and meet strict deadlines. Organization, communication, problem solving skills and formal training in fine art is required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicant should be equipped with excellent organizational skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, administrative experience and high attention to detail. Applicant must function independently and creatively while demonstrating initiative and follow through.
· Bachelor's degree required; liberal arts, fine arts or arts management degrees accepted; Master's degree is a plus
· Previous experience working in a gallery, museum or other related arts organization is a plus
· Highly organized, motivated, able to work independently and as a team member
· Maintains professional demeanor; demonstrates integrity and confidentiality
· Excellent phone manner; professional yet friendly and warm
· Strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively builds trust with artists and clients through written and oral correspondence
· High level of technical/computer skills (MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point; Adobe Acrobat required)
The Associate Arts Administrator must be comfortable handling a wide variety of tasks in a small business environment.
· Create Art Programs in project software (Art Location Floor Plans, Artwork Details and Images, Artwork framing and installation plan)
· Maintain a minimum project GP of 36% averaged annually.
· Maintain annual revenue expectations as outlined in step chart and performance reviews.
· Review Art Programs for accuracy and confirm information with each artist
· Ensure Art Program budget requirements are met
· Document project vision: art locations, and quality of art, budget per art location
· Communicate to client through written, oral and in-person presentations on the Art Program
· Acquire bids for art installation, shipping and framing
· Manage framing requirements: matting, molding, sizing and glass for each piece; approve frame pricing; approve framing completion date
· Handle shipping and delivery of art pieces
· Oversee production and installation of art labels
· Manage project accounting: create and track purchase orders; acquire vendor invoices and W9 forms
· Create client art inventories
· Maintain primary relationships with established artists
· Conduct local, national and international scouting for emerging and established artists
· Build relationships in the art community
· Research art industry trends
· Oversee quality control and accuracy on all art orders
· Thoroughly and accurately prepare consignment sheets
· Acquire quotes for artist commissions and oversee artistic production
· Coordinate and execute art pick up/drop off
· Be the "face" of Nine Dot Arts in the art community by attending exhibit openings, visiting galleries and artist studios
· Maintain internal artist database
· Write artist call for entries/request for proposals
· Coordinate installations, project updates and meetings
· Provide alternative budget strategies
· Establish and manage project timelines
· Set up and break down artwork for client presentations
· Coordinate with project designer/project manager on finishes, floor plans and lighting
· Ensure client satisfaction of installation and art locations
COMPENSATION: Salary:$36,000-$39,000 DOE, plus company benefits
· Paid time off
· Company holidays (seven/year)
· Full health benefits (available after 3 months of full-time employment)
· Retirement contributions (available after one year of full-time employment)
· Company retreat (available after one full year of full-time employment)
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume along with a brief (+/- 60-second) video describing yourself, your interest in the company and why you feel like this job is a good match for you. Resumes should be sent to . Please use the following subject in your email: "Your Name, Associate Arts Administrator." Videos should be shared with email@example.com via DropBox, WeTransfer or email. No phone calls please. Resumes will be reviewed weekly. Applications accepted until position is filled.