Summary: The City of Hayward has partnered with commercial developer DP Ventures, LLC to incorporate outdoor public art within the scope of the new historical downtown Lincoln Landing development project. The Developer would like to adorn up to four (4) installation sites, and seeks artist(s) with experience fabricating or creating public art intended for outdoor installations, to include but are not limited to: sculptural, murals, water features, kinetic, night-light art, sound-art, tactical interactive art, bench-art, and marine-grade-fabric art. Bay area artists are encouraged to submit their qualifications.
Name of project: Outdoor public art display, Downtown Hayward
- Cover letter describing art experience, and if applicable, relevant experience as it pertains to public art installations and how you approach creative input that may alter or influence the original conceptual design. Lastly, summarize your preferred art-discipline, or art-medium and why. PDF format.
- Artist resume including biography, educational background, and exhibition record. PDF format.
- Up to three (3) professional references (completed contracted projects) PDF format.
- Four (4) digital images of art discipline. Images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi resolution, 1024 x 768 px image size. *
* Multi-disciplinary artist may submit up to four (4) digital images for each submission.
Entries due: Tuesday, November 16, 2018, 12:00 P.M. (PST)
Get more details and apply on our website at: https://www.hayward-ca.gov/business/doing-business-with-hayward/artist-all-call