OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Woodside office; 100% FTE/40 hours per week
$28-$32K annually DOQ; generous benefits
Djerassi Resident Artists Program
Djerassi Resident Artists Program is the largest artist residency program in the western United States, awarding month-long residencies to 70-75 artists and 25, 1-3 week winter residencies annually on its 583-acre property in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The Program also hosts several events annually including 25 hikes, an annual Open House + Open Studios, 5-7 workshop/retreats and Artful Harvest, the annual gala.
The Program has been an independent non-profit since 1994 and operates with an annual budget of $1M and a staff of 13.
About the Opportunity and the Successful Candidate
Djerassi Resident Artists Program seeks a detail-oriented team player + independent thinker with strong communication skills and demonstrated organizational skills. Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are essential; each day will be different. During the course of a week you may work in the admin office to input data to DonorPerfect, maintain the website on WordPress and upload meeting materials to BoardEffect, digitally manage a Board meeting in San Francisco, and welcome alumni, donors and friends of the Program to an evening art salon on the Peninsula. The successful candidate will perform well and calmly as part of a team on overlapping projects.
Qualities of successful candidates:
- Demonstrated organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with a variety of people
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new platforms quickly and with initiative; knowledge of DonorPerfect, BoardEffect, ZOOM, SlideRoom, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, SurveyMonkey, and ConstantContact a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and think clearly in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to being helpful and working towards a shared set of organizational goals
- Love of big ideas; patience, diligence and hard work necessary to implement them
- 2+ years experience assisting executives; assistance to non-profit executives a plus
- Demonstrated thoroughness and completion of assigned and related tasks
- Be a communicative, perceptive and generous colleague focused on success for fellow staff and the organization.
- Be willing to understand, value and articulate the importance of the Program’s mission. Be able to appreciate land stewardship and the development of individual artists’ careers and why they matter.
- Occasionally serve as emergency contact for Program residents.
- Occasionally help with facilities preparations at the Ranch for Program residents.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for meetings and appointments within a 50-mile radius. Company vehicles are not always available for the Administrative Assistant position.
The Administrative Assistant will be part of a team to grow and achieve the Program’s development goals and provide personal assistance to the Executive Director on a project-by-project basis.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Consistently and dependably assist the Executive Director; schedule appointments, arrange conference registration and travel, track personal reimbursements, maintain executive files, document contacts in DonorPerfect, prepare materials for upcoming prospect meetings
- Consistently and dependably assist the development staff with events (pre, during, and post), solicitations + special mailings, database entry, acknowledgements, internal documents and other project-based assignments; maintain excellent communication with development staff; understand and take appropriate initiative with development team goals
- Attend Board and Committee meetings; take minutes, manage digital materials, communicate with Board prior to each meeting, etc.
- Keep track of important dates, events and meetings as well as the necessary materials for each event/meeting
- Regularly enter information to DonorPerfect and pull information from the database as requested
- Update website as needed; update news section regularly
- Maintain effective filing system—both physical and digital files
- Regularly update records on the server (ex: phone list, Trustee Handbook, Board meeting files, alumni listing, artist testimonials, hike records, etc.)
- Field general phone and email requests/inquiries—act as a friendly and helpful first point of contact for the organization
- Pick up the mail Monday-Thursday
- Assist with social media as requested
- Regularly order office/event supplies and collateral through the appropriate source
- Take staff meeting notes and share with staff
Salary range is $28 - $32K DOQ with generous benefits including 401K, health, dental, life insurance, 10 days vacation, 9 paid holidays; office closed Thanksgiving week and 10 - 12 day year-end holiday season.
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Using subject line of ADMIN ASSISTANT APPLICATION, send 1-page cover letter outlining aptitude and interest in the position, resume and names and contact information of three (3) professional references via e-mail to Margot H. Knight, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Djerassi Resident Artists Program is an EEOC Employer.