About The Company
The National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) is a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to advancing dance education centered in the arts. NDEO provides the dance artist, educator and administrator a network of resources and support, a base for advocacy and research, and access to professional development opportunities that focus on the importance of dance in the human experience.
The Administrative Assistant/Program Services position serves as general support for the NDEO office and staff with all NDEO programs. They will be the first point of contact with members in answering office phones and several email inboxes. They are expected to gain an overall understanding of the organization and all of the products it offers in order to assist office staff and NDEO members. They are expected to manage all day-to-day operations of the National Honor Society for Dance Arts, provide seasonal support for other NDEO programs, and report to the Managing Director.
The Administrative Assistant-Program Services will be responsible for but not limited to:
● Providing excellent customer service by answering phones and assigned email boxes
● Providing overall program support for the National Honor Society for Dance Arts program, including but not limited to:
○ Answering phone, email, and social media inquiries about the program
○ Approving new NHSDA chapters
○ Printing and mailing NHSDA Certificates and NHSDA Merchandise
○ Developing and sending mass communications to sponsors, students, and members as necessary
○ Monitoring the NHSDA TeamStore of apparel and other logo’d items
○ Editing and disseminating the quarterly Dance Arts Now newsletter
○ Updating various charts and spreadsheets to track monthly numbers regarding chapter sign ups, inductions, merchandise sales, etc.
○ Providing data maintenance of the NHSDA Database
○ Monitoring the NHSDA website for necessary updates
○ Performing compliance checks to ensure chapters are following policy
○ Implementing the annual NHSDA Awards Program, working in partnership with the Board Representative for NSHDA
○ Assisting the Managing Director in the development of an annual budget as well as new resources, features, and future events for NHSDA to ensure growth over time.
● Creating content and posts for NDEO/NHSDA social media platforms, including but not limited to, marketing messages, program information, and customer service
● Performing seasonal tasks in support of other NDEO programs.
● Assisting with National Conference preparations as directed by Director of Conferences and Events and working the National Conference to ensure a wonderful experience for our members (one week a year)
○ Packing and shipping boxes of supplies to Conference Site; this may require lifting of boxes up to 50 lb.
○ Travel nationally once a year to National Conference site; trip may last up to one week
● Performing data maintenance duties as requested by NDEO Managing Director
The ideal candidate should have strong attention to detail and be a team-player. They should be a self-starter, reliable, and have the ability to multitask. This individual works well under pressure and must be adept at prioritizing their work. They should be interested in learning about the Organization and be comfortable working in a collaborative and small office environment. In addition the ideal candidate must have:
· Previous Office Experience
· Strong Phone/Secretarial and Professional Email Etiquette Skills
· Minimum 1 Year Experience in Program Support
· Minimum 1 Year Experience in Customer Service
· Strong Knowledge of Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Docs
· Experience Working on Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
· Flexibility to Take On New Responsibilities and Learn New Technology
· The Ability to Manage Confidential and Sensitive Information
* Interest or Experience with Arts Administration and Social Media Preferred
Benefits & Wages
The National Dance Education Organization offers Annual Leave, Sick Leave and discounted Group Health Insurance to its full-time employees in accordance with the organization’s rules and regulations. Pay Rate is available upon request.
FLSA & Employment Status
The Administrative Assistant-Program Services will be a Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt position. Working Hours: Monday - Friday; 9:30am - 5:30pm
How to Apply
To apply for this position, complete the job application and email a Cover Letter, Resume and two to three References to:
HR and Finance Director
APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME ON Sunday, July 29, 2018.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE COMPLETE INFORMATION MAY HINDER YOUR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace,and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our members and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.