Center Coordinator, Brown Arts Initiative
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
The Brown Arts Initiative (BAI) of Brown University is a consortium of six academic departments and two affiliated programs in the performing, literary and visual arts.
- We seek to cultivate creative expression in an interdisciplinary environment where students and faculty learn from one another, as well as from artists and scholars in a range of fields from around the world.
- We serve as a gateway to the arts at Brown, sponsoring distinguished faculty, artists-in-residence, new curriculum and a full season of public programs (lectures, symposia, performances and exhibitions) to enrich the community.
- The BAI also administers an internal grants program for faculty and professional staff supporting practice, research, scholarship and presentation in the arts. As a new venture that launched in FY2017, the BAI is experiencing rapid growth and development and seeks a vital new staff member to join its small, but effective team.
The Center Coordinator assists BAI leadership (comprising the Faculty Director, Managing Director and Associate Director) in managing daily operations, as well as providing administrative support to the BAI Executive Committee and President’s Advisory Council on the Arts.
- The Center Coordinator schedules meetings, prepares agendas and materials, takes and distributes minutes, and oversees any follow up.
- Administers the BAI grants program, maintaining grant timetables, updating online guidelines and applications, issuing RFPs and organizing responses, scheduling meetings with and preparing materials for the BAI Grants Committee and overseeing all grants communication.
- The position is responsible for the department’s financial coordination, submitting invoices and receipts for payment, maintaining accurate records of expenditures, overseeing payroll submissions for part-time workers, and liaising with various financial units on campus to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support to the Faculty and Managing Directors, assisting with scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reimbursements and the like.
- Provides general office management, ensuring that the department is open and operating efficiently during business hours.
- Required: BA or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2-4 years of experience related to financial and program coordination
- Prior experience in arts administration and/or financial management preferred
- Strong computer proficiency across multiple platforms
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work in a deadline driven environment and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong financial skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to interact in a polished way with a broad range of individuals
- Background and interest in the arts preferred
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site:
All offers of employment are contingent upon consent to a criminal background check and education verification with results satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown is an Ivy League University located in Providence, Rhode Island, comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA. With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional graduate and undergraduate instruction. We have a dynamic campus community with many exciting events, such as visits from world leaders, sporting events, theatre, music, and dance. Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/
Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.