Transportation for America (T4A) – a program of Smart Growth America (SGA) – seeks a creative, personable, and detail-oriented individual to serve as an Arts & Culture/Outreach Associate, who will assist in building SGA/T4A’s creative placemaking practice, help with growing & executing the organization’s outreach, arts-oriented public engagement and local capacity building projects, and communicate with local partners as well as members in an outreach and relationship building role.
This position reports to the Director of Outreach, working closely with the Director of Arts & Culture, as well as other T4A and SGA staff. Candidates should have experience in the arts, creative placemaking and/or creative community engagement and outreach techniques. Experience working with a diversity of communities and people, including non-English speakers, is strongly desired. Candidates must also demonstrate an ability to work successfully with limited supervision, independently and within a team. The ability to work collaboratively and creatively within a distributed organization is vital to this position. In addition to other assignments and overall support as assigned, this position specifically supports the functions listed below.
- Program and partner support: assist the Director of Arts & Culture to bring national attention to and awareness of the intersection of the arts and transportation, including direct support for creative placemaking pilot projects in several US cities.
- Research and communications: build the profile of T4A/SGA’s creative placemaking practice through organizing webinars, conference presentations, and blogging, while also assisting in creative placemaking research.
- Community outreach and engagement: support local T4A/SGA partners on the ground with their own public outreach and community engagement efforts around transportation plans and investments.
- Project management and grant support: assist in grant-making and funding proposal solicitation with responsibility for seeking out, writing, executing and reporting on new and existing grants.
- Trend identification and content creation: identify trends in the transportation and community engagement fields, leverage T4A’s existing content where appropriate and recommend and create new and innovative content to support the organization’s mission.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line write “Arts & Culture Outreach Associate.” For more information about us please visit our website: www.t4america.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Transportation for America and Smart Growth America. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
About Transportation for America
T4America is an alliance of elected, business and civic leaders from communities across the country who are united to ensure that states and the federal government step up to invest in smart, homegrown, locally-driven transportation solutions. Learn more at http://t4america.org