The Senior Arts & Entertainment Supervisor is responsible for scheduling, implementing and overseeing all of the arts & entertainment programming, which includes supervising volunteers, technical, front of house and event staff, as well as developing all related policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
• Research, design, plan, promote and evaluate all performing arts, special events, movies and dances.
• Create and manage the annual budget for all arts & entertainment events.
• Secure talent, negotiate, prepare, administer and monitor contracts, riders, and agreements with artists’ management agencies and booking agents.
• Oversee all aspects of performance production logistics including administration, technical support, box office, audience relations and outreach strategies.
• Continuously evaluate arts programming to determine success, and revise and enhance plans for increased success.
• Oversee and manage existing partnerships and collaborate with arts and community organizations to develop new and ongoing relationships.
• Market all performing arts, movies, special events and dances by researching opportunities, overseeing all posting and advertising, managing brochure development and distribution, and other marketing related activities.
• Oversee A&E volunteers, including recruiting, training, supporting, and scheduling.
Ancillary Job Functions
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
• Bachelor’s degree in an arts related field.
• Minimum five years of experience in the arts, including theater operations, box office management, patron services, and marketing.
• Must maintain a valid, current driver’s license.
• Must maintain current CPR AED certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
• Knowledge of arts & entertainment programming.
• Knowledge of marketing principles and analysis.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and management.
• Ability to analyze contracts and negotiate contractual terms.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of management, staff, members, and the public.
• Demonstrated initiative, motivation and self-discipline to work independently and apply excellent decision making skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate programs and personnel.
• Strong knowledge of, and experience with, computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Fluent in the English language.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
• May be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels at events.
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Regularly required to sit, talk, listen, and stand; frequently requires walking. Occasionally requires grasping, pushing, driving, reaching with hands/arms, stopping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, and/or balancing.
• Requires clarity of vision, three-dimensional vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
• May be required to lift and/or maneuver up to 35 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Management reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.