The George Mason University College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) invites well-qualified candidates to apply for the position of Publications Manager. This position is part of the marketing team for the Center for the Arts (Fairfax) and the Hylton Performing Arts Center (Manassas).
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Publications Manager is responsible for supervising the team of individuals involved in the creation and dissemination of printed and electronic publications for the CVPA, in a manner which assists the organizational unit in fulfilling its mission.
· The creation of production schedules;
· The guidance of publications through all phases of design and production;
· Coordinating with a university-contracted marketing and graphic design consultant;
· Procurement and monitoring of vendor services; and
· Oversees the distribution and delivery of printed materials.
· Demonstrated experience with direct mail procedures (e.g., list exchanges, developing mailing lists based on demographics, and postal regulations and procedures regarding bulk mail);
· demonstrated knowledge of publication production, marketing, proofreading, as well as the basics of graphic design;
· must desire and possess the ability to work effectively as part of a team in a collegial, collaborative work environment; and
· A bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated experience in publications production including print and electronic publications, and/or relevant marketing experience; and
· Experience in coordinating a competitive bidding process; and
· Experience working in the arts.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09604z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.