Tulsa Ballet is seeking a full time year round Production Stage Manager, with a starting date in the late spring / early summer 2018. Tulsa Ballet produces 4 full-length main stage ballets, 2 programs of shorter works, 2 Second Company programs, and multiple education performances throughout the year.
Tulsa Ballet, regarded as one of the top ballet companies in North America, consistently brings the finest works in classical and contemporary dance to the Midwest region, giving audiences a unique opportunity to view world-class ballet in the heartland of America.
Tulsa Ballet is located in Tulsa Oklahoma, with an additional education facility in Broken Arrow, OK. The company tours both domestically and internationally. Tulsa Ballet performs at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center, Studio K at Tulsa Ballet, a $6 million in house theater dedicated to the creation of new works, and the Lorton Performance Center at the University of Tulsa.
Tulsa Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
Role and Responsibilities
· Stage Management of all company productions and rehearsals, including main stage, Center for Dance Education, touring, Tulsa Ballet II and other performances, development and outreach events as assigned.
· Preparation of rehearsal and performance spaces for the daily needs of rehearsal and production.
· Ensuring temperature onstage and rehearsal studios meets company minimum.
· Prepare thorough paperwork for all departments including props, lighting, scenic, rail, A/V and wardrobe.
· Coordinating the filming of rehearsals prior to theater week.
· Attend all production meetings.
· Maintain and keep production archive for each production
· Assist Director of Production with set-up for any events outside of production. This includes development, outreach, and other special events that require Production Dept. assistance.
· Coordinate the maintaining the audio & video archive of rehearsals and performances.
· Coordinate with Director of Production ordering supplies for productions
· Coordinate rental of facilities to outside renters, including contract negotiations, usage schedule, and act as manager on duty during rentals.
· Assist Director of Production with maintenance of facilities, including Studio K, Center for Dance Education, and other spaces as assigned.
· Assist the Director of Production with administrative work for the department such as payroll, documents, filing, and communications as needed.
· 3-5 years experience as a stage manager or assistant working in Dance or Opera.
· Knowledge of dance terminology and methods.
· Ability to read and call show from musical score
· Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
· Must have passport or ability to get passport
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office software
· Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
· Experience working in a union environment, specifically IATSE and AGMA
· Ability to move or lift up to 50 lbs
· Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time
Full time salary with comprehensive benefit package.
To apply, email your resume and references in MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15.
No phone calls please.