PRESIDENT / CEO International Arts & Artists
The Board of Trustees of International Arts & Artists (IA&A) is pleased to announce its international search for a President / CEO as a consequence of the impending retirement of its founder and CEO of 23 years. The President / CEO reports to the Board and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of is mission and financial objectives.
International Arts & Artists (IA&A) is a 501(c)3 arts service organization dedicated to promoting cross-cultural understanding and exposure to the arts internationally. IA&A was founded in 1995 and operates in Washington, D.C., with a professional staff of 20 and at a budget of $2m annually. For more information see www.artsandartists.org.
IA&A is comprised of –
- a world renowned Traveling Exhibition Service that tours 15-25 fine arts & decorative arts exhibitions annually to museums nationally and internationally;
- an on-site contemporary art space that produces monthly exhibitions (IA&A at Hillyer);
- an art collection of nearly 400 works (the Hechinger: Tools as Art collection);
- a Design Studio that produces print and electronic material for IA&A and other arts groups/artists; and
- a Cultural Exchange Program that brings 130+ interns, trainees, and scholars to the U.S. yearly.
IA&A is a distinctive and unique organization that requires the vision and leadership of a talented, energetic, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful President / CEO who can continue its growth.
Ideal candidates will have –
- A passion for IA&A’s mission of increasing cross-cultural understanding through the arts;
- 10+ years appropriate professional experience, including at least five years in an executive role;
- substantive connections in the arts and strong relationships with national & international arts leaders;
- a record of success in the growth of her/his past endeavors;
- a deep understanding of, and a driving commitment to, the arts and cultural exchange; and
- the complete range of proven leadership and management skills befitting a CEO, including a strong grasp of finances and the ability to guide a talented, experienced staff.
Compensation ranging from $120,000 to $145,000 plus health insurance, retirement plan and other benefits, and reasonable moving expense reimbursement (depending upon experience).
Submit a cover letter and a complete chronologically organized CV to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: President / CEO. Apply immediately – applications will be considered as they arrive. Accepted candidates for consideration will be contacted for more information and possible interviews.
A more detailed job announcement is available upon request.
International Arts & Artists is committed to diversity in its mission, its practices, and its programs.