A NOISE WITHIN
A Noise Within in Pasadena performs and promotes classical theatre as an essential means for our community to confront the universal human experience, expand personal awareness, and challenge individual perspectives. We seek a dynamic and experienced Marketing Director to join our ambitious and growing organization. This senior staff position works directly with the Producing Artistic Directors, Managing Director, and other senior staff to: generate and grow audiences for ANW, share ANW’s mission and vision with the broadest possible audience; steward connections with our existing ticket buyers and pass holders; promote the value of live theatre among new audiences; and build on crucial community relationships. This position will provide an opportunity to have an enduring impact on delivering the mission of ANW and an experience as a central member of the management team, maintaining and growing audiences in a lively and collaborative environment.
- Supervise 3 full-time employees including an editorial assistant, digital coordinator, and group sales/community outreach coordinator
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to strengthen brand awareness and visibility in the business and general community
- Conduct an ongoing, rigorous analysis and assessment of all marketing efforts and refine activities or tactics according to the findings
- Track and achieve ticket sale revenue generation goals; incorporate course corrections as necessary to achieve the goals
- Manage the audience database and ensure it is updated, expanded, and used as a management tool for developing or expanding marketing tactics
- Work with Front of House and Box Office teams to better enhance the patron experience and communicate organizational priorities to everyone who encounters the organization
- Oversee organization’s social media presence and digital advertising
- Plan and execute paid media strategies for audience development. Plan and maintain advertising budget
- Manage relationship with outside public relations firm for maximum earned media
- Manage telemarketing campaigns
- Assist in developing the annual organizational plan and budget
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in marketing, communications, English, or theatre and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 years professional marketing experience with evidence of planning and implementing a strategic marketing plan with multiple activities and specific goals.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing systems, and CRM platform(s) preferred.
- Excellent writing and communications skills,
including public speaking.
Salary of $62,000-70,000 annually commensurate with experience, health benefits and savings plan matching included. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Marketing Director in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. ANW prides itself on fully representing and reflecting the community on stage and in our workforce – candidates of color strongly encouraged to apply.