Enlightened Theatrics seeks a new Managing Director
Enlightened Theatrics in Salem, Oregon seeks an experienced arts or nonprofit administrator with a demonstrated passion for the arts, as well as strong connections regionally and nationally to the arts, culture and nonprofit community. This person will be a relationship building expert who excels in active listening, has an inquisitive nature, and brings a track record of implementing successful strategic initiatives and fundraising tactics.
We are seeking a leader with proven fundraising ability, including foundations, government support, and corporate sponsorship. They will know how to work and build community support through partnerships and collaborations, and are willing to relocate to Salem and become actively involved in the local community. They will possess strong collaborative skills in order to work in partnership with our Artistic Director to create a sustainable and growing business model for Enlightened Theatrics.
Enlightened Theatrics is a professional live theatre company founded in 2013 by Vincenzo Meduri. We are located in the Historic Grand Theatre in Downtown Salem, Oregon and produce four to five musicals and plays each season. Our mission is to enrich the cultural and economic development of Salem, Oregon by offering professional stage experiences, providing access to performing arts education for all, and revitalizing the Historic Grand Theatre.
Please send a professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 15 at 5 PM. In the cover letter, please address how you meet the below Experience & Qualifications. Candidates that most closely meet these qualifications will be invited to interview.
Experience & Qualifications:
· 7+ years in a senior leadership position at a nonprofit organization, preferably one involving the arts.
· Successful fundraiser with a demonstrated, proven track record.
· Shared leadership and/or collaboration skills with an Artistic Director or co-management position.
· Demonstrated experience developing and managing a 500k+ budget.
· Experienced administrator with a track record of growing enrollment in an educational or cultural organization.
· Ability to build relationships and leverage networks so as to bolster the fundraising capabilities of Enlightened Theatrics.
· Familiar with basic business practices sufficient for effective supervision of staff.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in working closely with a Board of Directors and willingness to cultivate relationships with existing and potential board members.
· Strong commitment to the arts as demonstrated by involvement with and/or connections to regional and/or national arts organizations.
The Managing Director will work with the Board of Directors to develop annual planning for programming, financial management, fundraising and development, community outreach, as well as ensuring implementation of policy and procedure that align with organizational goals and industry best practices.
Salary range: $80,000 to $90,000 DOE
Benefits include: Health and dental benefits, matching 401k plan, and annual vacation and sick paid time off.