Macky Auditorium welcomes applications for a House Manager to oversee the front of house operations during various performances and events. In this role, the House Manager creates a safe, entertaining theatrical experience while providing exceptional guest service. This includes resolving guest issues, developing the ushers’ guest service skills and developing innovative methods to ensure a high standard of guest service. The House Manager will lead the ushers and Assistant House Managers.
Who we are:
Macky Auditorium is a multi-disciplinary venue in the heart of Boulder. One of the 12 buildings that form the Norlin Quadrangle Historic District, it serves the University of Colorado and the region by entertaining, educating and challenging audiences with high quality local, national and international performances. Macky Auditorium promotes excellence in entertainment and the arts by providing a professional atmosphere that fosters creativity and provides a rewarding experience for our guests, sponsors, clients, and performers.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that patron interactions are handled in accordance with established procedures, and resolves all guest concerns as they arise.
- Create and maintains employee schedules and adjusts station assignments to ensure proper coverage throughout the auditorium.
- Provide leadership to usher staff.
- Recognize exemplary work performance and guest service.
- Assist in continuing training of front of house staff.
- Prepare reports on show events and incidents.
- Maintain stick and inventories of equipment and supplied.
- Communicate effectively with multiple departments to ensure that events run smoothly.
What you should know:
This is a 1%, on-call position. Therefore, working hours for this position may vary, including weekends, holidays and the summer season.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting hourly rate for this position is $16.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be supportive. Be dynamic. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- · Five years of guest service experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
What you will need:
- · Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Remain calm and maintain professionalism in high-stress scenarios.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
What we’d like you to have:
- · Two years of Ticket Office or Theater experience.
- Two years of hospitality industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the work assignment.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.