The Sculpture Fields at Montague Park (SFMP), a 501-C-3 arts and education non-profit,
is seeking an Executive Director.
The Executive Director reports to the Chairman of the Board of Directors or designated
representative. The Executive Director will be the primary administrator of all SFMP
functions and will be responsible for strategic planning, fundraising aspects of corporate
and private sponsorship/contributions, overseeing development of the park, event
sponsorships and exhibits, public relations, advertising and the park’s sculpture collection.
Experience in working for non-profit organizations, executing events and success in
applying for grants is highly desirable.
● The person in this job is responsible for: Creating a Business Development Plan for corporate and private sponsorship/contributions, event sales and other revenue producing programs.
● Developing the SFMP Brand imagery with understanding of target consumer groups for SFMP
● Contributing to the formulation of the policy and strategy of the Association
● Implementing a sales strategy to expand and grow corporate and private sponsorships/contributions within the Chattanooga business community, arts community and also on a regional and national basis where opportunities may exist
● A track record of making application for and successfully receiving grants
● Developing and managing a comprehensive prospect file
● Developing the service offerings and articulating the value proposition to potential sponsors
● Maintaining a relevant sales and marketing metrics measurement reporting and planning system
● Managing the operating budget as approved by the Board of Directors
● Coordinating with the Chairman of the Board of Directors and participating in committee and board meetings to ascertain strategy recommendations and access the expertise and community relationships of board members
● Coordinate with the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Executive committee members to ensure accuracy of all information in presentations, brochures, programs, and the website
● Developing and maintaining the SFMP brand and reputation through suitable PR activities
● A bachelor’s degree and at least 5, preferably 10 years, of progressively responsible experience in general business, leadership and business development
● Knowledge of visual arts especially sculpture
● Proven capability to build and retain relationships with leaders of organizations of importance to the success of an entity represented
● Prior experience in building sponsor relationships for a non-profit or arts association a plus
● Proven record of generating sponsorships and contributions to achieve a target goal
● Excellent communication skills, strong analytical ability and good judgment
● Focus and outstanding organizational skills
● Excellent project tracking and reporting skills to include use of software tools such as Microsoft Excel and Quick Books
● The ability to use business intelligence for conducting research on prospective sponsors
● Superior service orientation, drive, resourcefulness, and energy
SFMP Offices are located on 1100 E. 16 th Street in Chattanooga, TN
Salary base is commensurate with experience.
Send resume/CVvia email to:
Sculpture Fields of Montague Park
Visit our website: sculpturefields.org