The Director of Strategic Communications is a major contributor to the Client Development team and is responsible for advancing TRG Arts’ brand awareness and position as a thought leader in the industry. TRG Arts’ communications strategy must generate interest and action to drive new business revenue. The Director will be responsible for leading communications initiatives that inspire prospects and potential partners to contact TRG Arts. This role also serves as our “eyes and ears” in the field, helping the company stay abreast of activity in the arts sector. This position will work directly with TRG Arts’ President and CEO, all members of the Client Development team and most members of the Client Service team. It will be important for the person in this role to be a team player and to work independently when the situation calls for it.
- Develop strategic communications plans to generate international brand awareness and interest in TRG Arts products and services; promote action to support the department’s revenue generation objectives
- Use of social media to create brand awareness and drive people to TRG Arts’ website
- Disseminate client results via case studies, webinars and other channels
- Transform how our firm communicates and tells client success stories through new emerging technologies
- Serve as TRG Arts’ brand ambassador and help drive TRG Arts’ brand position across all communications, marketing, sales and service channels
- Create content for website, presentations, sales materials, marketing communications, blogs, webinars, etc. describing TRG Arts’ mission, products and services, success stories and people
- Work with Client Development and Client Service team members to coordinate communications with marketing and sales efforts
- Support authorship for the President & CEO to help further TRG Arts’ position as an industry thought leader
- Help determine when timely responses to external communications are needed, and drive the content needed in these situations
- Pitch content and presentation ideas to national service organizations and other partners for conference presentations and/or collaborative teaching opportunities
- Develop external presentations for conferences and other events
- Attend conferences to make presentations/participate in speaker panels on TRG Arts’ behalf, meet perspective clients and connect with current and lapsed clients
- Oversee the re-development and on-going maintenance plan for the website
- Track effectiveness of communications channels and campaigns in coordination with the marketing team
- Attend annual Client Development planning retreat; contribute to data analysis preparation needed
- Participate in weekly Revenue Pacing meetings, bi-weekly Client Development team meetings and bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with Vice President of Client Development, and monthly editorial meetings
- 5-10 years in a communications or marketing role, preferably in a business to business environment.
- Passion for arts and culture and genuine desire to help arts organizations thrive
- Proven experience with communications and/or marketing campaigns that lead to sales inquiries.
- Clearly demonstrated skills in writing, editing and presentation creation.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously, prioritizing appropriately with supervisor as needed.
- Excellent internal and external verbal communication skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and examine data – e.g. sales histories, sales tracking and charting.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and offer creative solutions in challenging situations such as resource limitations and sudden or unexpected changes, both internally and externally.
- Understanding of and willingness to uphold the TRG Arts brand methodology, strategic perspective, and high client service standards.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (10% of overall work load).
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Willingness to work from TRG Arts’ headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate multiple time zones.
- Excellent response time as required by a communications role.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, arts administration, or a related field.
- Experience working in Salesforce, Pardot and DotNetNuke.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with social media channels and experience with emerging digital channels and technology.
- Experience in a performing or admissions-based arts organization.
- Knowledge of TRG Arts and its products and services.
- Experience with and understanding of communities that have been traditionally underserved by arts and culture nonprofits.
Travel: Domestic and international travel possible.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; fully benefitted.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to:
TRG Arts Recruiting
90 S. Cascade Avenue, Ste. 510
Colorado Springs, CO 80903