The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall logistics of scheduling and student ensemble assignments at the AMFS, including overseeing the summer master calendar, working with faculty on student assignments, coordinating with faculty on teaching and coaching spaces, managing the rental of instruments, and managing the necessary personnel and technology for execution of student and faculty scheduling and assignments. This person ensures the systems policies, and practices of scheduling and student ensemble assignments strategically align with the overall goals of the institution. Excellent problem solving and computer skills are critical.
Essential job responsibilities:
* Develop, oversee and manage the summer master calendar.
* Manage all aspects of AMFS's scheduling software ArtsVision including managing access, inputting data, managing the relationship with the vendor, and training staff.
* Work with faculty on all student ensemble assignments ensuring that students are not overbooked, double booked, or under booked.
* Manage and coordinate the rental of AMFS instruments to outside renters.
* Coordinate and manage all production aspects of the Metropolitan Opera Live in HD broadcasts.
* Work with the faculty and services on placement auditions.
* Hire and manage the summer scheduling coordinator.
* Manage and coordinate the rental of instruments.
* Develop, oversee, and manage the instrument purchase and repair budget.
* 3-5 years experience in orchestra operations.
* Excellent oral and written communication.
* Ability to work day, evening, and weekend hours, based on the needs of daily business operations.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
* Working knowledge of ArtsVision scheduling software is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Working knowledge and experience managing Database systems.
* Ability to provide leadership, prioritize, organize, motivate, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, and communicate.
* Must be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.