The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) links the strengths of the cultural and business sectors to promote community growth and vitality through the arts. By enlisting business volunteers to provide essential assessment, training, consulting and board service, A&BC enhances management capacity of arts organizations while promoting a highly engaged form of business participation in the arts.
A&BC is committed to inclusion and equity and strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of our volunteers and clients. We are committed to removing barriers to employment that are faced by equity-seeking groups including veterans, people with disabilities, or individuals who identify as a members of ALAANA communities. Members of these groups are encouraged (but are not required) to self-identify as such in their cover letters and asked to describe the unique perspective this identity provides for this role.
Position Summary: As a new position, the Director will enhance the Arts & Business Council’s connection between the arts and business communities in Chicago. The Director is committed to executing strategic initiatives to package programs and cultivate clients that leads to greater revenue. This is accomplished through employee engagement programs, the development of emerging leaders, and fostering creativity in the workplace; and includes both stewardship and growth of existing relationships in addition to driving significant revenue from new partners.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Reflect the vision and priorities communicated by the Executive Director.
· Represent A&BC to business, government and philanthropic partners to expand programs and services within a wide range of sponsorship, custom projects and earned revenue ventures.
· Generate proposals that are informed and sophisticated, and grow revenue, relationships and opportunities for A&BC.
· Promote programs through innovative approaches that showcase A&BC.
· Execute and evaluate programs by maintaining strong relationships with program staff.
Interpersonal and Communication
Qualifications A level of experience that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
Salary: Competitive based upon experience, with excellent benefits package.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com; Subject line: ‘DIRECTOR’
Arts & Business Council of Chicago
100 S. State Street Chicago, IL 60603
Application deadline April 27, 2018