* We have an opening for several part-time *COOK *positions.
* *Location*: Museum of Science, Boston - 1 Science Park, Boston, MA 02114 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: P/T on-call schedule varies based on business needs; details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Previous catering experience highly preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation?s premier hospitality company, operating over 100 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Toronto. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world?s leading foodservice organization.
* Summary:* Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
* Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
* Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
* Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
* Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
* Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
* Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
* Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
* Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
* Attends in-service and safety meetings.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 162523