10-month seasonal renewable contract position, August 16 - June 15. Position available Jan 1, 2018.
APM/TD reports to the Director of Production.
● Manage and execute technical requirements of PBT School runout productions, and PBT School showcases.
● Manage PBT warehouse - inventory and track tools, supplies, and materials. Assist Director of Production with annual warehouse budgeting. Order materials as needed within budget.
● Oversee production work occurring in warehouse and manage and participate in maintenance of building and equipment.
● Assist Director with management of PBT rental inventory. Compile digital rental package materials for each production/rental package and update as necessary. Forward materials as required to technical representatives of client organizations. Prepare rental agreements for signature by Director. Schedule trucking, crews, and logistics surrounding rental activities.
● As required, travel with PBT rental sets and props to facilitate load-in and technical prep for client companies.
● Manage procurement and return of production materials into and out of warehouse relating to PBT season activity (i.e. rented lighting gear, sound equipment, rented sets and costumes)
● Assist Director as needed with PBT season productions, PBT Ball, and PBT runout/touring projects
● Represent PBT production department when Director is unavailable
● Ability to staff and stock an active production shop
● Understanding of tools - maintenance, replacement/refurbishment and safety
● Ability to effectively organize and manage a large scenic, prop, and costume warehouse
● Ability to manage union and non-union crews in both a shop setting and in active production at a venue
● Knowledge of dance production
● Ability to use VectorWorks 2018 and Lightwright 6
● Ability to carry 50lbs with an occasional need to lift up to 80lbs
● Ability to work at heights
● Ability to drive vehicles up to a 26’ rental truck
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Computer-literacy, especially spreadsheet analysis.
● Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
● Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
● Ability to work long (14-16) hour consecutive days.
● Ability to work nights and weekends mandatory.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.